Monday, May 21, 2007

What's that again?!

Right. This has been one of the longest and worst Mondays I've had so far. I'm going to complain and whine. So bear with me - if you can't, then so sorry la.

First - woke up feeling like a car had run over me. A fairly good-sized Wira I believe. Dozed off in the counselling office - it's not exactly an office, just a space with seats and table; but it didn't work out, because some A-Levels people were doing their work there and talking loudly. Don't blame them, but it feels weird to be sleeping there and wondering whether they're staring at you.

Then music class. Today was opera. Watched bits and snippets from old recorded operas. Pavarotti's voice is divine. Unfortunately, it can get a bit wearisome after a while...when the character sings his/her agony, my eardrums agreed. Fervently. And I was bored.

American History! Oooo. Brain went on a buzz, especially since the lecturer was talking about topics I haven't got round to reading yet. (Hey - he was in Chapter 2 last week; then bam, he's talking about Chapter 3 without warning today.) Talked about secularism, since we were doing the Great Awakening (period of time before American Revolution when people became religious), and he was asking round the class what was the meaning of "secular". I put up my hand finally - remembering somehow that my friend beside me had said once that she didn't like answering questions in class; and neither did I, but then sometimes, just get that urge to...er...answer - and replied that secular meant "without religion". The lecturer kind of looked at me and said: "Why didn't you tell us earlier then? Was it because you were shy?" I just nodded and said yeah. Ooo, burn.

Funny thing was, I found out the meaning of "secular" from a conversation with Ainaa :) some time back last year. Funny how these things stick with you.

Right. So classes was over, yadda yadda yadda, went for lunch alone in McD's and there was this whole bunch of - what looked to me - SAM students studying and talking. Tried to study History there, but it failed. Went home feeling like a truck had run over me. Knocked out at 5 something, woke up at 9 something. Trivial useless thing to blog about, but I'm complaining, aren't I?

And another thing. My ankles have been aching mysteriously today, especially in class where the air con's turned up full blast. I seem to be getting old way too early...

So on to other things! Sharon Bakar's post promoting The Cicak's new competition started off some really interesting comments - read it here. Some anonymous commenter seems to think that "The Cicak is targeted towards teenagers, so yeah it's got to be shallow and superficial, because there's your average teenager for you".

I beg to differ, Mr. I-Discriminate-Teenagers-Because-I-Think-I'm-So-Mature. Don't generalise. (I have this personal dislike against people generalising when they shouldn't. Like saying that all Muse fans cannot possibly be nerds. Burn, you fools!)

Interesting. Another random thought has just occurred. If being a teenager means someone who is in his/her teens, does this mean that when I turn 21, regardless of the fact that I have become a mature person, I will automatically be seen as a "mature person" on the basis of my age?

You don't, do you? Maturity - or the lack of it - does not depend on age. That's my view on it.

One thing though, the commenters were also discussing the issue of a writer who wrote an article on polygamy. They think it's racist...well go read it. I haven't read it yet, but even if I have, I wouldn't be commenting on it.

On a much happier note, THINK Online has an very interesting - satirical, funny, etc - article on Digi's Yellow Man. Just when you thought that he was innocent after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home