Sunday, May 13, 2007

and the start of the dream ~

So. I finally got what I wanted. Couldn't wait for my birthday, you see. I don't want the same thing to happen again, like what happened last year with Rice's O...told nearly everyone I wanted that CD - would be perfectly happy with it - but nobody gave me. Had to buy it myself. Birthday present to me. Don't blame you guys though - but still.

So I got this, yesterday.



Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn. The film ending is different from the book...but I think I could use a happy ending right now. Oh gah.

Anyway, congrats to those who got the JPA scholarship! I didn't get it. Oh well.

Dropped by ReCom.org last night, and was pretty irritated with some of the commenters. Several of them were asking whether those who had the Petronas could get the JPA. A few remarked that it would be unfair that they were only allowed to get one scholarship, not TWO. "We would have choices then." Someone replied saying that it would be unfair if some had two. Hello reality check, people - you're going to reject one either way. Have you thought about other people who really do need the scholarships?

I am not, of course, angry or jealous with those who had either one =S hell no. Don't get me wrong. What I'm saying is, these people already have those scholarships, and yet they're asking for more. There was one person who even said he/she wasn't quite happy because JPA sent him/her to UK instead of the US like said person wanted. I was going: "WTF?!" Look, UK, US, you still got it. You're fully sponsored. There are some people who don't even have the chance to get out of the country, much less study in UK.

I'm just...annoyed. Well yeah, you can argue and debate over the question of whether some people deserve to get the scholarships or not - but I'm not going to go into that. I am just really irritated with those who aren't happy with what they got. Someone is actually handing you the sponsorship to study, for years overseas, and you have the cheek to say that you don't want to go to a certain country, or that you should be given the chance to choose between more than one scholarship.

(Of course, I can start swearing and cursing every one of them who made me angry with their comments, but I won't. It - isn't - ladylike. Not to mention polite. I don't know any one of them anyway.)

I think I'm also annoyed with the fact that my comp doesn't play DVDs. It's a comical tragedy, I'm telling you. Straight out of Burton's sick mind.

These A's. Oh the A's!

I can just imagine myself in sixty years' time. Telling my grandkids that I had all these A's for SPM. I wonder how they'll react. Will they go: "OMG, that is sooo good!"? Or - "So what? They're just A's. We need all-rounders."?

If it's the latter, I'll nod my wrinkled freckled head on my chicken neck and agree with them: "Damn right you are."

Oh arrrgh. Stupid scholarships. I wonder why Vision 2020 doesn't include free education. Or more sponsorships. And less emphasis on the A's.

And free Maggi mee goreng. And teh tarik. National pride and joy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ReCom pisses me off too sometimes.

Recently came across a thread where a girl was asking if its possible to change the country JPA gave her for her Medic course, which was Australia, since she intially WANTED Ireland..

I can't understand it either.

11:10 pm, May 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh, I left out the 'i' in "initially" on purpose.

XP

11:13 pm, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Lynn said...

Shahira! =D lol

Yeah...some of these scholarship receivers - SOME, not all :P - are really asking waaaaaaay too much.

JPA should have given her India

Ohh am I eeeeeeviiilll =>

11:26 pm, May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home