Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Because I want you to

No offence. But then again...

I was doing my homework in the counselling office today, with The Noisettes blasting pretty loudly through my earphones. There was a bunch of A Levels students there; they had to wait till noon to take their AS exams. They were talking quite loudly...but I wasn't too bothered. Until this kid made a comment: "A Levels so difficult! Other programs easier wan!" I heard a friend whisper to the friendly kid (despite the fact that "kid" is a senior and I'm younger than most people in college, kid here irritated me enough for me to write him/her off like this), saying that I'm in AUP; they've seen my textbook earlier.

Thing is, I'm not too bothered, but from - well, do you think AUP is easier because my schedule is waaaaaaay too free? I'm not too sure, but this assumption could kind of influence your judgement of students in other programs.

I'm not angry....just annoyed. You try learning 10+ chapters in four months and see how well prepared you are for finals. And there's all these projects and presentations to do. Group work. Discussions. Meetings with lecturers. Research. You sit there pretty and cram for class tests - which, I've heard, don't contribute much to the main exams - and then work hard for the final exams.

Don't judge. Like I said, one of my pet peeves is people making generalisations. Sweeping statements. It's like saying that Malaysian students are incapable of thinking for themselves because the education is shite. The education isn't shite, and not all Malaysian students can't think for themselves.

This isn't emo! I'm trying to to say something here. Just because I'm not studying all the "brainy" subjects like Physics and Chemistry doesn't mean I can sit around doing nothing. You think I'm free nearly every day - blogging, talking crap, chatting - because I'm too arsed most of the time to study or complete my homework. Learned my lesson last semester when finals came up. Besides, I have quizzes every week. And those quizzes add on to the marks I get in finals.

And I am doing my homework. (Looks like I'm trying to reassure myself here. Is it working? Is it? Not it isn't!) I have to, to catch up. Or go to hell and die.

Not really. But surprisingly, this semester's subjects require more work than last semester's. Which means I'll have to work harder =S



More Jamie Cullum! He gets right on the piano here, kind of stomps on the keys. I think it was shown once on MTV a few years ago. I think I watched it with my mother. She was scandalised to see him banging at the piano like he did in the video. Apparently he can't quite read music...so does Matt. (See? Theory doesn't work in real life!)

Shame. Matt didn't smash his guitar at the concert. Ainaa and I would have scrambled like hell to get one of the pieces :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home