Set yourself on fire
Kirstin Wong! I bought Murakami's Norwegian Wood yesterday! Stayed up till 4 a.m. reading it. Very good, unputdownable. Thanks for the recommendation :)
Hmpf. I haven't done anything this weekend, and semester exams are coming up in less than two weeks. Well actually only a week left. But somehow...that bad habit again. Procrastination wastes my time.
And then there's that pile of books growing very quickly, with me getting fed up when they start to run together...
Corinne Bailey Rae again. This song is...amazing. First song from her album, and when I listened to it for the first time, just got that shivery feeling. Like listening to Matt on Time is Running Out.
And by the way, Rock Corner IS really good; they do have indie bands and all that, but the prices...the prices!! Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism is going for a WAY more expensive price than a normal CD.
You know - I should really start walking round SS15 and get me own DVDs or something. Especially Pan's Labyrinth. And Breakfast at Tiffany's. And Nightmare Before Christmas.
Pride and Prejudice on HBO right now. Unfortunately the TV has been conquered. Football. My foot!
Oh yeah, and Pride and Prejudice to get too.
So here's the list (I like making lists, hmm):
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's - please please pleeeeeeeease if you have this, tell me! Or give it to me as an early birthday present. I'll love you to bits :P Audrey Hepburn looks just like how I want Holly Golightly to look like!
2. Pan's Labyrinth - Chin, seriously, if you're not watching this, there's always someone who wants to...
3. Nightmare Before Christmas - Mr Jack Skellington is so incredibly, bonily, ethereally, unworldely sexy
4. Pride and Prejudice - because Mr Darcy is so good-looking. Full stop.
5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - the ONE time I managed to watch it - which...er...was the Saturday before SPM Sejarah paper when I should have been studying - I missed the singing dolphins part. I mean, I've downloaded the song a long time ago (how high can your eyebrows go?) but it's not the same as watching them sing.
I had a grand idea on Saturday. Very grand indeed. So grand, I was flying high. Until my sister was looking at me as though I had popped several ecstasy pills. And she's very used to my odd phases, honestly. The grand idea was to mutilate the lyrics of You're Beautiful, changing it to I'm Beautiful. But I didn't in the end. The idea died. James Blunt is a drunk romantic. Farewell, my grand idea.
I want Plath. Not again.
I'd, I'd like to put my fingers on you
I'd, I'd like to paint these pictures for you
Sometimes you don't understand where I'm coming from
I'm just trying to make you see that I desire the simple things.
~ I'd Like To, Corinne Bailey Rae
Hmpf. I haven't done anything this weekend, and semester exams are coming up in less than two weeks. Well actually only a week left. But somehow...that bad habit again. Procrastination wastes my time.
And then there's that pile of books growing very quickly, with me getting fed up when they start to run together...
Corinne Bailey Rae again. This song is...amazing. First song from her album, and when I listened to it for the first time, just got that shivery feeling. Like listening to Matt on Time is Running Out.
And by the way, Rock Corner IS really good; they do have indie bands and all that, but the prices...the prices!! Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism is going for a WAY more expensive price than a normal CD.
You know - I should really start walking round SS15 and get me own DVDs or something. Especially Pan's Labyrinth. And Breakfast at Tiffany's. And Nightmare Before Christmas.
Pride and Prejudice on HBO right now. Unfortunately the TV has been conquered. Football. My foot!
Oh yeah, and Pride and Prejudice to get too.
So here's the list (I like making lists, hmm):
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's - please please pleeeeeeeease if you have this, tell me! Or give it to me as an early birthday present. I'll love you to bits :P Audrey Hepburn looks just like how I want Holly Golightly to look like!
2. Pan's Labyrinth - Chin, seriously, if you're not watching this, there's always someone who wants to...
3. Nightmare Before Christmas - Mr Jack Skellington is so incredibly, bonily, ethereally, unworldely sexy
4. Pride and Prejudice - because Mr Darcy is so good-looking. Full stop.
5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - the ONE time I managed to watch it - which...er...was the Saturday before SPM Sejarah paper when I should have been studying - I missed the singing dolphins part. I mean, I've downloaded the song a long time ago (how high can your eyebrows go?) but it's not the same as watching them sing.
I had a grand idea on Saturday. Very grand indeed. So grand, I was flying high. Until my sister was looking at me as though I had popped several ecstasy pills. And she's very used to my odd phases, honestly. The grand idea was to mutilate the lyrics of You're Beautiful, changing it to I'm Beautiful. But I didn't in the end. The idea died. James Blunt is a drunk romantic. Farewell, my grand idea.
I want Plath. Not again.
I'd, I'd like to put my fingers on you
I'd, I'd like to paint these pictures for you
Sometimes you don't understand where I'm coming from
I'm just trying to make you see that I desire the simple things.
~ I'd Like To, Corinne Bailey Rae

3 Comments:
hey lynn...
i swear that "Like A Star" song can make me cry. it's so beautiful i can't even begin to describe it. hey just wanna know if the original album sleeve has lyrics?
It made me feel like crying too :)
yep yep, all the lyrics for all the songs
Norwegian Wood is my all time favourite love story.
It made my heart ache so much after reading it. Just like I wanted to be held to.
Damn, jiwang sia!
Glad someone else enjoys it too!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home