But it makes no difference now, does it?
Oh my. I didn't know Genesis was a prog rock group. Phil Collins was in it - come on la! Then again, he was just the drummer. Thing is, my dad used to listen to Genesis. And Deep Purple. And a few other rock bands. He hasn't actually complained about my Muse mania really; just my sister who thinks Matt is weird. And ugly. But of course we know he isn't, definitely isn't. Right?
Hmm...that new My Chemical Romance video, I Don't Love You. Got me thinking about some break up songs. For example:
Bad
Tiny Vessels - Death Cab for Cutie
Yeah, you are beautiful but you don't mean a thing to me.
I Don't Love You - MCR
"I don't love you like I loved you yesterday"
Volcano - Damien Rice
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
Hyper Music - Muse *ouch*
you know that I don't want you and I never did
I don't want you and I never will
Depressing
The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore - James Morrison
And if you leave me now
Just leave me now
It's the better thing to do
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
what was I thinking when I let go of you
I always thought that if I held you tightly
You would always love me like you did back then
What Sarah Said - Death Cab for Cutie (not strictly a break up, but then)
And I’m thinking of what Sarah said,
That love is watching someone die.
Slow Dancing in A Burning Room - John Mayer
This is the deep and dying breath of
this love we've been working on
Delicate - Damien Rice
why'd ya sing hallelujah
if it means nothin’ to ya
why'd ya sing with me at all?
Angry
Every You Every Me - Placebo
Another love I would abuse
No circumstances could excuse
Sucker love I always find
Someone to bruise and leave behind
Time is Running Out - Muse
Now that you know I'm trapped
Sense of elation
You'd never dream of
Breaking this fixation
Melancholic
She Left on A Monday - Bic Runga
What's the use of having pride if you don't have her?
She'll endure all she can
But you could make this easier on her
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Well you couldn’t be that man that I adored
You don’t seem to know, or seem to care what your heart is for
Worn Me Down - Racheal Yamagata
I did everything you told me to do
But you can't stop thinking about her
Till It Happens to You - Corinne Bailey Rae
nobody wants to face the truth
but you wont believe what love can do
till it happens to you
Choux Pastry Heart - Corinne Bailey Rae
Broke my choux pastry heart
Guess life's no picture postcard
The Scientist - Coldplay
Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions,
Oh let's go back to the start.
Nobody said it was easy,
It's such a shame for us to part.
Nobody said it was easy,
No one ever said it would be this hard.
Warning Sign - Coldplay
When the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
That I miss you so
And I’m tired
I should not have let you go
And then there are some for when the guy deserves to be yelled at...
Another Place to Fall - KT Tunstall
Well I don't see no holes in the road but you
Irreplaceable - Beyonce
so don't you ever for a second get to thinking,
you're irreplaceable
Your Heart is An Empty Room - Death Cab for Cutie (again! again!)
And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need,
Cause you knew you were finally free.
Apres Moi - Regina Spektor
I must go on standing
You can't break that which isn't yours
Map of Your Head - Muse
I'm sick of feeding my soul
See people who'll never know
Just how purposeless and empty they've grown
I'm freezing and losing my way
I don't need another map of your head
Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars
And all of that time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save
He Lied About Death - Stars
I hope your drunken daughters are gay
You are the shadow of fear
You scare the love out of here
Like an ape in a cage
Whoops. Got carried away there.
And now. To lunch. :)
Hmm...that new My Chemical Romance video, I Don't Love You. Got me thinking about some break up songs. For example:
Bad
Tiny Vessels - Death Cab for Cutie
Yeah, you are beautiful but you don't mean a thing to me.
I Don't Love You - MCR
"I don't love you like I loved you yesterday"
Volcano - Damien Rice
What I am to you is not what you mean to me
Hyper Music - Muse *ouch*
you know that I don't want you and I never did
I don't want you and I never will
Depressing
The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore - James Morrison
And if you leave me now
Just leave me now
It's the better thing to do
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
what was I thinking when I let go of you
I always thought that if I held you tightly
You would always love me like you did back then
What Sarah Said - Death Cab for Cutie (not strictly a break up, but then)
And I’m thinking of what Sarah said,
That love is watching someone die.
Slow Dancing in A Burning Room - John Mayer
This is the deep and dying breath of
this love we've been working on
Delicate - Damien Rice
why'd ya sing hallelujah
if it means nothin’ to ya
why'd ya sing with me at all?
Angry
Every You Every Me - Placebo
Another love I would abuse
No circumstances could excuse
Sucker love I always find
Someone to bruise and leave behind
Time is Running Out - Muse
Now that you know I'm trapped
Sense of elation
You'd never dream of
Breaking this fixation
Melancholic
She Left on A Monday - Bic Runga
What's the use of having pride if you don't have her?
She'll endure all she can
But you could make this easier on her
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Well you couldn’t be that man that I adored
You don’t seem to know, or seem to care what your heart is for
Worn Me Down - Racheal Yamagata
I did everything you told me to do
But you can't stop thinking about her
Till It Happens to You - Corinne Bailey Rae
nobody wants to face the truth
but you wont believe what love can do
till it happens to you
Choux Pastry Heart - Corinne Bailey Rae
Broke my choux pastry heart
Guess life's no picture postcard
The Scientist - Coldplay
Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions,
Oh let's go back to the start.
Nobody said it was easy,
It's such a shame for us to part.
Nobody said it was easy,
No one ever said it would be this hard.
Warning Sign - Coldplay
When the truth is
I miss you
Yeah the truth is
That I miss you so
And I’m tired
I should not have let you go
And then there are some for when the guy deserves to be yelled at...
Another Place to Fall - KT Tunstall
Well I don't see no holes in the road but you
Irreplaceable - Beyonce
so don't you ever for a second get to thinking,
you're irreplaceable
Your Heart is An Empty Room - Death Cab for Cutie (again! again!)
And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need,
Cause you knew you were finally free.
Apres Moi - Regina Spektor
I must go on standing
You can't break that which isn't yours
Map of Your Head - Muse
I'm sick of feeding my soul
See people who'll never know
Just how purposeless and empty they've grown
I'm freezing and losing my way
I don't need another map of your head
Your Ex-Lover is Dead - Stars
And all of that time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save
He Lied About Death - Stars
I hope your drunken daughters are gay
You are the shadow of fear
You scare the love out of here
Like an ape in a cage
Whoops. Got carried away there.
And now. To lunch. :)

5 Comments:
i like your listing and lyrics...
the scientist by coldplay is one of my favorite songs!
Here's another,
Teddy Thompson's "I Wish It Was Over"...;
I wish it was over,
I wish we were through,
I wish when my phone rang,
It wasn't always you.
I don't even like you,
Why can't you tell,
Whenever I'm sober,
I treat you like hell.
The music sounds so sweet and pleasant you wouldn't think it was about wanting a relationship to be over XD
rc: Thanks! The Scientist is one of my favourite songs too :)
Shahira: Woaaaaaahhh
Lyrics emo giler...and so harsh... =S
Will go listen to it soon! :D
Hiya!
We've got pride & prejudice if you want to borrow it!
Do you have any of KtTunstall's albums? I'm pretty curious, so far her songs are real good.
oh and recently, I've been rather addicted to Paolo Nutini's version of Natural Blues (originally by Moby). If you download it, do tell!
Hi Ameera! =)
Pride and Prejudice...so tempting...HBO's showing it this month, but I keep missing it XD
I do have KT Tunstall's album, but it's a cassette, unfortunately. Bought back in the days when I lived outside of civilization without the computer. I did download a few songs: Other Side of the World, Silent Sea, Another Place to Fall, Under the Weather and Universe and U. Basically my favourites. :) I'll be happy to send them to you if you like.
Moby...will check it out!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home