Friday, September 18, 2009

Fixing beds

MAH SKILLZ:

1. Can assemble table with help from instructions and friend

2. Can assemble bed frame with help from instructions and friend

Was feeling annoyed yesterday - one of those inexplicable mood swings I tend to get - and thought, 'It'll be nice to get a bed frame, instead of sleeping on a mattress on the floor.'

So I ordered a bed frame online. Shipping cost was like...30% of the price. Damn.

But today, unexpectedly, there came a ring from the doorbell. And lo, upon the threshold was my bed frame in a box. And so I did receiveth the package from the UPS man, and took it piece by piece into my chamber.

And thus it came to pass that I had to borrow a hammer from Ken Vin, because my place of habitation hath not this fair implement. And speaketh I to Ken Vin, summoning him to bring that wonderful thingy for hardware stuff when he came over to my apartment before the trip to Valley West Mall.

And so he brought the hammer, and then Dita, him and I - as well as a few others; it was a group outing - went to the bus-stop to catch the bus to Valley West, and on to Chipotle. Dinner was good - chicken fajita burrito for me - and we caught the last bus back.

And so Ken Vin helped me to fix the bed frame (tricky stuff, assembling furniture - Dita helped me with my table :) and now I have a proper bed.

I asked for a bed frame yesterday, and said, "I want a bed", and lo and behold, I have a bed in my room.

It's awesome, in this country, how fast things get done. Customer service, Internet shopping, the bus service, even the food here - microwaveable food that you wouldn't believe could be microwaved. Even the frozen TGIF barbecue chicken drumsticks we bought in Walmart the other day were cooked, just had to chuck them into the microwave for some minutes. The downside is that you don't have anything to complain about - life wouldn't be that great in Malaysia (or even convenient, in some special cases) if you can't blame Streamyx for everything that is sucky in your life.

Muse's new video, Uprising, is out. Won't post a link - Youtube's overzealous with the copyright infringement thing - so go look and watch yourself. Personally, I think Matt's gone over the edge of SRS BSNS into ORLY? SEE IF I CARE territory - video was campeh. And I laughed when the teddies came out. But he was hot in there, which is the only thing that matters.

I think I'm in love with Paolo Nutini. And he speaks with a Scots accent. Like James McAvoy. Omgggggg

*brb busy fangirling*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home