Thursday's child
I used to get existential dread at 3 a.m., quite frequently too. Not so since the beginning of this year. (Probably it had something to do with the lessening of my obsession with Plath, but let's not go there.)
But somedays, somedays, just when you thought that you won't lie awake at 3 a.m. thinking about all you have done and whether you'd regret it if you should die tomorrow (or in your sleep), it hits you in the face like a slap. And it hurts, and it stings, but you take it, not because you think you deserve it, but because it has already happened.
Read all about existential crisis and terror management theory. (I am, as always, randomly linking things nobody will read.)
And I shall post a vid here that you wouldn't even bother to click. (It gets me over this kind of days.)
At 18, I shouldn't be this cynical.
Can't be helped.
PS - Found this while trawling random people's LJs (I like doing that). Read it. It's awesome.
But somedays, somedays, just when you thought that you won't lie awake at 3 a.m. thinking about all you have done and whether you'd regret it if you should die tomorrow (or in your sleep), it hits you in the face like a slap. And it hurts, and it stings, but you take it, not because you think you deserve it, but because it has already happened.
Read all about existential crisis and terror management theory. (I am, as always, randomly linking things nobody will read.)
And I shall post a vid here that you wouldn't even bother to click. (It gets me over this kind of days.)
At 18, I shouldn't be this cynical.
Can't be helped.
PS - Found this while trawling random people's LJs (I like doing that). Read it. It's awesome.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home