And now for the Fowl
There's something about reading kids' books. Though nowadays they don't quite call it kids' books anymore...Young Adults, more like. Like Artemis Fowl. Colfer doesn't release that frequently, and when he does, it's so quiet, you hardly know the new book's out...
Anyway, was just bumping round on Google, and found some new details on the very-long-awaited-movie-thank-you-very-muchly-Mr. Colfer, and here's the Wiki info on it. It's frustrating, when they keep changing things like this. It's been years, so long, in fact, that Tom Felton became too old to play Artemis Fowl. (Sob your eyes out, Felton fangirls!)
Well anyway, kids' books. Thing is, the authors try to keep the age of the main characters the same, don't they? Or like Harry, they grow up with you. But sometimes too slowly. I'm not complaining about Harry though...I started reading him when I was eleven. Now I'll be the same age as him in HP7. Definitely awesome. But like Artemis...I want him to grow up. And at the same time, I don't want him to. There's something really sweet - and perverse - about the contrast between his innocence and his greed/need to exploit everyone/blow up the world. I loved The Arctic Incident, because I thought it showed the contrast best in here. All those things he did - getting people killed, risking people's lives all for him, plunging the LEPRecon into chaos - were really for his dad. *sniff* Little boy with an old soul.
Having fun messing round with my new Gnommish font. Beats old school any day. No more cramped neck and fingers. YES!
Anyway, was just bumping round on Google, and found some new details on the very-long-awaited-movie-thank-you-very-muchly-Mr. Colfer, and here's the Wiki info on it. It's frustrating, when they keep changing things like this. It's been years, so long, in fact, that Tom Felton became too old to play Artemis Fowl. (Sob your eyes out, Felton fangirls!)
Well anyway, kids' books. Thing is, the authors try to keep the age of the main characters the same, don't they? Or like Harry, they grow up with you. But sometimes too slowly. I'm not complaining about Harry though...I started reading him when I was eleven. Now I'll be the same age as him in HP7. Definitely awesome. But like Artemis...I want him to grow up. And at the same time, I don't want him to. There's something really sweet - and perverse - about the contrast between his innocence and his greed/need to exploit everyone/blow up the world. I loved The Arctic Incident, because I thought it showed the contrast best in here. All those things he did - getting people killed, risking people's lives all for him, plunging the LEPRecon into chaos - were really for his dad. *sniff* Little boy with an old soul.
Having fun messing round with my new Gnommish font. Beats old school any day. No more cramped neck and fingers. YES!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home