The Deadly Dilemma (and something about bunnies)
Okay okay okay okey dokey kay. New trailer from HP (eh funny - Hewlett Packard!) and the Order of the Phoenix up on Mugglenet and Youtube. And it looks so cooooooooooooooooool! *fangirl screams* Dan Dan Dan Dan! Except for the weird hair, he looks better than in the fourth movie! And Voldemort doesn't look like somebody's sesated grandfather with bad skin.
So anyway. MPH has been pushing the sales of the 7th book pretty thick - step into the store and you get these posters screaming at you near the entrance, all begging you to pre-order the last book of the Harry series. Hmm...nothing about the goodie bag this time. What happened to all the freebies?
I'm not sure whether I should get it...about two more months from now eh. Let's consider, shall we, the pros and cons.
Pros:
1. It's the last book in the HP series. Grew up with the darling boy. Read the first book when I was eleven; now he's 17 and I'm the same age too. Well almost.
2. I get to read about Voldemort kicking Harry's arse.
3. Harry finally kicks Voldemort's behind after seven years of crushing heavily on the old guy.
4. Hermione - FINALLY - makes up her mind about which guy is right for her. Personally though, I want Draco and her to get together, but since Rowling has flat out denied any possibility - and Draco in her books is so unsexy - I don't think this will happen.
5. The Weasley twins. The part in their Wheezes shop was one of the best in Half-Blood Prince.
6. Ginny Weasley. Yeah yeah, you guys mostly do NOT like her...but I like her. So spam my comment box. (Er...no, wrong thing la.) She's kinda like the embodiment of feminism in the book or something. And it'd be nice to see her chucking Harry when he gets too maniacally heroic.
7. R.A.B. is finally revealed! Hope it doesn't turn out to be a blunder though; imagine Voldemort arriving at the cave and going: "Rats, I forgot to add the B.I.T." That would be a serious letdown. And I'll set up another blog to rail against Rowling like the disappointed fan I would be.
By the way, a hotline has been set up for fans who would be distraught, disturbed and depressed after reading the book and finding out who died. These people have all the time in the world.
8. Luna Lovegood! Wonder what her next earrings would be like. (Rowling, you ignored her shamefully in the 6th!) Rabbits? Harry's face? Ron's?
9. We get to find out why some people become ghosts after they die. Cool.
10. Seems that there'll be some revelation about Lily. It had better be good, woman. No more shocking revelations that Lily had a bunny whose father's brother's third cousin was eaten by Remus Lupin one late night. I'd be bummed. Seriously.
A secret love affair with Sirius perhaps? Then Harry would turn out to be Sirius's son. And R.A.B. actually stands for "Ringo Algernon Black", Harry's true name. Or "Remus Ate Bunny", written by Lily and made into a Horcrux by Voldemort because he was desperate at the time. I mean the time when he killed Harry's parents. Or Harry's mother and his stepfather, if you want to go along with the secret affair theory.
11. I get to find out whether Snape is a traitor or a fence-sitter. He's one of Rowling's best characters, really. Better than a whiny adolescent screaming his head off at fifteen.
12. Bill and Fleur's wedding.
13. Remus Lupin and Tonks. Sweet.
Cons:
1. HBP was a letdown.
2. Draco was such a wasted character. Crying in the bathroom. Whining. Mummy's boy!
3. More unnecessary subplots. Unless Snape's mother is going to play a major role in the 7th...oh I don't know.
4. Deadly Hallows doesn't sound too nice-y for a title. No spark of intense interest thingy.
5. Seems like she's cobbling together bits and pieces from all the subplots and mashing them into a whole...gets kind of irritating after a bit.
6. More Ron and Hermione's pointless bickering. Aiyo. It's not like you both don't know what is going on.
7. NO DUMBLEDORE.
8. I dread a happy ever after, sugary sweet Disney ending.
9. Draco is not sexy here. Fanfic provides better characterisation for him.
10. When are you going to tell us more about Crookshanks??????????????
11. 100 ringgit! I'm not made of money!
12. You notice how the characters never really swear? Not realistic la.
13. I fear another Grawp character. Pointless, another plot mover, takes up space and pages. Slows down plot actually.
14. Save the trees!
Still torn. Make up my mind for me!
Franz Ferdinand's Auf Achse:
You see her, you can't touch her
You hear her, you can't hold her
You want her, you can't have her
You want to, but she won't let you
Alex Kapranos sounds so goooooooood here. Mmm.
She's not so special so look what you've done, boy
So anyway. MPH has been pushing the sales of the 7th book pretty thick - step into the store and you get these posters screaming at you near the entrance, all begging you to pre-order the last book of the Harry series. Hmm...nothing about the goodie bag this time. What happened to all the freebies?
I'm not sure whether I should get it...about two more months from now eh. Let's consider, shall we, the pros and cons.
Pros:
1. It's the last book in the HP series. Grew up with the darling boy. Read the first book when I was eleven; now he's 17 and I'm the same age too. Well almost.
2. I get to read about Voldemort kicking Harry's arse.
3. Harry finally kicks Voldemort's behind after seven years of crushing heavily on the old guy.
4. Hermione - FINALLY - makes up her mind about which guy is right for her. Personally though, I want Draco and her to get together, but since Rowling has flat out denied any possibility - and Draco in her books is so unsexy - I don't think this will happen.
5. The Weasley twins. The part in their Wheezes shop was one of the best in Half-Blood Prince.
6. Ginny Weasley. Yeah yeah, you guys mostly do NOT like her...but I like her. So spam my comment box. (Er...no, wrong thing la.) She's kinda like the embodiment of feminism in the book or something. And it'd be nice to see her chucking Harry when he gets too maniacally heroic.
7. R.A.B. is finally revealed! Hope it doesn't turn out to be a blunder though; imagine Voldemort arriving at the cave and going: "Rats, I forgot to add the B.I.T." That would be a serious letdown. And I'll set up another blog to rail against Rowling like the disappointed fan I would be.
By the way, a hotline has been set up for fans who would be distraught, disturbed and depressed after reading the book and finding out who died. These people have all the time in the world.
8. Luna Lovegood! Wonder what her next earrings would be like. (Rowling, you ignored her shamefully in the 6th!) Rabbits? Harry's face? Ron's?
9. We get to find out why some people become ghosts after they die. Cool.
10. Seems that there'll be some revelation about Lily. It had better be good, woman. No more shocking revelations that Lily had a bunny whose father's brother's third cousin was eaten by Remus Lupin one late night. I'd be bummed. Seriously.
A secret love affair with Sirius perhaps? Then Harry would turn out to be Sirius's son. And R.A.B. actually stands for "Ringo Algernon Black", Harry's true name. Or "Remus Ate Bunny", written by Lily and made into a Horcrux by Voldemort because he was desperate at the time. I mean the time when he killed Harry's parents. Or Harry's mother and his stepfather, if you want to go along with the secret affair theory.
11. I get to find out whether Snape is a traitor or a fence-sitter. He's one of Rowling's best characters, really. Better than a whiny adolescent screaming his head off at fifteen.
12. Bill and Fleur's wedding.
13. Remus Lupin and Tonks. Sweet.
Cons:
1. HBP was a letdown.
2. Draco was such a wasted character. Crying in the bathroom. Whining. Mummy's boy!
3. More unnecessary subplots. Unless Snape's mother is going to play a major role in the 7th...oh I don't know.
4. Deadly Hallows doesn't sound too nice-y for a title. No spark of intense interest thingy.
5. Seems like she's cobbling together bits and pieces from all the subplots and mashing them into a whole...gets kind of irritating after a bit.
6. More Ron and Hermione's pointless bickering. Aiyo. It's not like you both don't know what is going on.
7. NO DUMBLEDORE.
8. I dread a happy ever after, sugary sweet Disney ending.
9. Draco is not sexy here. Fanfic provides better characterisation for him.
10. When are you going to tell us more about Crookshanks??????????????
11. 100 ringgit! I'm not made of money!
12. You notice how the characters never really swear? Not realistic la.
13. I fear another Grawp character. Pointless, another plot mover, takes up space and pages. Slows down plot actually.
14. Save the trees!
Still torn. Make up my mind for me!
Franz Ferdinand's Auf Achse:
You see her, you can't touch her
You hear her, you can't hold her
You want her, you can't have her
You want to, but she won't let you
Alex Kapranos sounds so goooooooood here. Mmm.
She's not so special so look what you've done, boy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home