Thursday, April 07, 2011

3/4ths of an ounce


So there I was, bemoaning the unsuccess of my first attempt making macarons ("Why you so impatient!" to quote Stan), and I was thinking: 21 grams is supposedly the weight of a person's soul.

To continue on this theory: What happened to Voldemort when he systematically split his soul into seven parts? Was it part of his gradual weight loss program? Did he realise the consequences of splitting his soul - that even by doing it seven times, the total weight loss would just be 21 grams? Why did he not eat Subway and work out for a few months instead? Was a really bad eating disorder the reason for the loss of his gorgeousness prior to his Lordship days?

We will never know.

Also - if Harry possessed part of Voldemort's soul, would he lose 24 grams instead at the moment of his death? Do we actually care?

And what about the sappy lyrics/literature that I've read about, about falling in love and giving your soul to someone - would you lose part of the 21 grams? Does falling in love once too often cause you to lose all of your allotted 21 grams? What happens when you get more love than you give out? Would you lose more than 21 grams?

Truth be told, though, I don't think you can measure the weight of the soul. Not because I don't believe in the existence of the soul - but because, really, does it matter how much a soul weighs?

No, not really...not at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger SOCT said...

One thing to learn from this is to invest in a good oven. We probably should've started in earlier too and taken less...breaks. Mwehehe.

11:54 pm, April 10, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home