Saturday, March 05, 2011

I said I would write the post myself


You won't believe how many times I tried writing here, and failed. It's like I have another block, and it is NOT GUD!

Right, let's see what's going through my mind right now...

***

Crap, I'm really full. Went to eat at Murni's opposite Taipan with the younger sister and Stan for dinner, and I have, like, a theory why they call it Roti Jepun. It's because the thingy - cheese, condensed milk and butter in a roti - is like the calorific equivalent of an atomic bomb through thine pristine arteries...not that I mind particularly. Even if I don't exercise much.

Look, I'm growing a double chin and what look like cankles five years down the road, but live a little, innit.

Sides, it was good.

***

I was reminded of how much I hate PC fairs earlier today...macam pasar malam at times. So crowded ah!!! Can you guys like not stop in the middle of the traffic flow ah!!! Crap why I bought the hard drive so much more expensive than the ones on sale, samore same brand ah!!!!!

***

After dinner, back to the car...to find that some genius with a four-wheel drive had decided to double park in front of the car. Look, okay, so we parked in front of another restaurant, not Murni's. Whatever. Stan honked a few times, no one came out. Lucky thing the lady in the car parked beside us realised what was happening, and she was leaving anyway, so she drove off and we could leave.

I was very tempted to leave a note on the big useless piece of junk, but then I decided not to. I mean, the only paper I had was a coupon for some restaurant, and I'll be damned if I'm going to give idiots like that driver a free drink.

Next time if you want to witness idiots, just go to Taipan or thereabouts during peak hours, like dinner.

***

Was half-asleep some days ago, and my dad came into the room, saw the pile of books I had placed beside my bed.

He asked, "What's this? The History of Love? Why you read this kind of book?"

Me (still half-conscious): "Fiction. I think it won the Man Booker Prize or something. It's good." (It didn't win the Man Booker*, but it was nominated for the Orange Prize.)

*Sides America isn't part of the UK anymore, hur hur.

Ahhh, Krauss's The History of Love, one of my favouritest books EVAH. Hope Cuaron does manage to get it finished - I will be so so so happy and my life will be complete in a tiny way.

***

24022031524018570110802602206524090110235180260245202

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home