Bring back wickedness
Listen: Make It Gold - Ohbijou
This was supposed to be an emo post, but it got turned into "Things I Will Miss" kind of thing. So...tadaaaa, lemme list the things I will miss when I leave Des Moines. I mean, I still have to wait for my hair to dry.
Things I Will Miss When I Leave Drake
I mean...I miss my old bed. I miss wasting time lying there stoning (not literally, okay) and not doing my homework and assignments. I'll miss the GK basement, DDR nights and the whole bunch of people who usually do laundry there with me. I'll miss watching random things there.
I will miss...Starbucks' white chocolate mocha. I already miss the one with peppermint, what they stopped selling after the Christmas period ended. I will miss Subway, because in Malaysia it's too pricey, and I'm, er, not supposed to be eating beef.
I will miss...reasonably priced Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. Pints of Haagen Dazs without paying an arm, limb, a brain and several fingers. I will miss Mars Cafe, with the people and atmosphere in there screaming hipster central!, from the kitschy art on the walls, down to the pierced earlobes and Buddy Holly glasses of the baristas. They make good coffee though. Good thing I have friends who are of legal drinking age, ahem.
I will miss...going to classes. Especially Profs White's and Suh's classes. I will not miss Stats classes, however...I won't miss writing papers either. I think I've been the most productive the past semester so far, probably because a) I was having fun, and b) I have friends who suffer with me, whoo.
I will miss...my old room. You know how some rooms make you happy for some reason? I liked my old room - when I got back after summer, I would lie awake in the mornings when the sun hit the blinds dead on, and the room was bright even with the window covered. I used to stalk squirrels and the neighbours' morbidly obese black Persian cat from there.
I will miss...Saturday night outings with friends. I will miss arguing over whose cooking sucked the most with the housemates. I will miss the early mornings walking to class, with the damp freshness in fall, and the sharp metallic smell in winter.
I will miss...that feeling of accomplishment I get when I work on an assignment or an exam, and the results are satisfying. I will miss feeling surprised that I did better than I thought I did. I will miss the late nights staying up cramming for exams, or writing that paper, and chatting with friends who are in the same predicament because we were lazy and procrastinated till the last minute.
I will miss...the random trips to Walgreens, to Starbucks, to lunch. I will miss the leaves turning red and yellow and brown in fall. I will miss the occasional fog, the drizzles you get in fall, the sunny cool days. I will miss snow, even, and how pretty things look when it's snowing.
I will miss...going to events on campus, and the fun of seeing people get dressed up, and hanging out together when we usually don't on other days. I will miss the people, mostly.
I think I'm going to miss this place. *sniff*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home