Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why didn't you say so?

Listen to: Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer

See: this

I bought Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go years ago, probably when I was too young to understand what it was about. I was nearly 15; I didn't know.

I think I bought it because you told me that you wanted to read it.

I think I bought it because I wanted to use it as an excuse to talk to you. I might have bought it just so I could read what you wanted to read. I might have bought it just so I could lend it to you.

You borrowed it, and read it, and gave it back to me. I don't know if we really ever talked about the book though.

I remember sitting in the room in my grandparents' house in Malacca reading that book, in the room with the really high bed that I used to jump off with my cousins. It was afternoon, and I was reading it alone in the hot dusty room. Can't remember why.

I remember wondering about the children, and the question of their souls, and the idea of true love as a representation that they had souls at all. I didn't completely understand what it was about.

Now the movie's out, and I don't know if we can watch it together.

Mayer's got a point about the late nights. I dislike leaving things halfway.

I've been told to make up my mind about quite a few things lately. With this, though, I think I have to wait and see.

I was so wrapped up in my own doings, I think I forgot to think about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home