Saturday, January 22, 2011

Despite the snow, despite the falling snow

Listen to: Rootless Tree - Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan

From Byatt's Possession, which I brought back here with me this semester, interestingly -

"I do not know what to say, Ellen. I do not expect to see her - Miss LaMotte again. We were agreed that - that this one summer must see the end - of - the end. And even if that were not so - she has vanished, she has gone away - "

She had heard the pain in that, had noted it, had said nothing.

"I cannot explain, Ellen, but I can tell you - "

"No more. No more. We will not speak of it again."

"You must be angry - distressed - "

"I don't know. Not angry. I don't want to know any more. Let us not talk of it again. Randolph - it is not between us."

When will you learn that telling the truth is better than lying because you don't want to hurt someone you still care about?

But this is past, and whatever you do after this, I am not part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home