Rolling green balls and strawberry fields forever
Just helped my mum to roll rice balls - kuih ee - for the Winter Solstice festival tomorrow...me and my sis making really lame jokes about balls. Er.
Anyway, am addicted to The Beatles now. Got a compilation of their songs in Singapore at HMV (even better than Rock Corner, seriously) with my favourite songs, Hey Jude, and Revolution, Let It Be and Don't Let Me Down. Prices there are amazing...if you live in Singapore, of course.
Went with Grace and Kenneth to Amcorp in the afternoon. Books Axcess was sooooooooo cool. Paperbacks for less than 20 bucks. I'm seriously broke though.
Then again, I just finished another Discworld book yesterday. Carpe Jugulum. Here goes!
Things I Liked
1. Agnes Nitt! I loved her in here, especially when she had an identity crisis with Perdita. Felt that I could relate to her somehow.
2. Vlad - ooo, he finds Agnes so intriguing, mainly because she keeps resisting him. Ah.
3. Magrat - now a new mother, and a clearer-headed and more confident witch. Priceless moment when she shocked Nanny Ogg the unshockable with her "Limp what?" remark when Nanny said that Igor had a limp. ROFL. Was laughing insanely over that.
4. Igor - in some weird way, he's cute! Yeth marthter! And his dog Thcrapth - I mean, Scraps - eh, so cute pun.
5. Granny Weatherwax - as usual, one of my favourite characters. Kicks ass. And the best part is, she doesn't need to do the kicking, because she can make you feel that you should do the kicking yourself.
"You wouldn't let [Granny Weatherwax] go off to confront monsters on a night like this, would you?" [said Mightily Oats]
They watched him owlishly for a while just in case something interestingly nasty was going to happen to him.
Then someone near the back said, "So why should we care what happens to monsters?"
Hee.
6. Mightily Oats - hah. Another dual personality. Rather wet at first, but I loved how he handled Granny Weatherwax.
7. Nac Mac Feegles! Rather different from Rob Anybody's clan though, because this clan writes "verra com-plic-ated documents".
8. Nanny Ogg - spontaneous mob of 70 Oggs, yes? ;)
Found out a few things from Tolkien's world before I left...
Celeborn was originally a Sindarin prince (the Elves in Middle-Earth are divided into several groups, like the Sindar, Quenya, Noldor and etc.), and he was in The Silmarillion, because I remember reading that he met Galadriel in Doriath in the First Age of Middle-Earth...
Tolkien's other book, Unfinished Tales, however included notes that changed Celeborn's history. He suddenly became a Telerin prince, and his Telerin name was...Teleporno. Hah. Was laughing like an idiot over it...but then again, maybe it's just my sick sense of humour.
And Celeborn's grandfather's name was...Elmo. Heh. What a weird family XD
Peter Jackson will be producing The Hobbit movie! Yay! Though...what's with the sequel? What do you mean - there's a sequel?!
Not complaining though <3
Anyway, am addicted to The Beatles now. Got a compilation of their songs in Singapore at HMV (even better than Rock Corner, seriously) with my favourite songs, Hey Jude, and Revolution, Let It Be and Don't Let Me Down. Prices there are amazing...if you live in Singapore, of course.
Went with Grace and Kenneth to Amcorp in the afternoon. Books Axcess was sooooooooo cool. Paperbacks for less than 20 bucks. I'm seriously broke though.
Then again, I just finished another Discworld book yesterday. Carpe Jugulum. Here goes!
Things I Liked
1. Agnes Nitt! I loved her in here, especially when she had an identity crisis with Perdita. Felt that I could relate to her somehow.
2. Vlad - ooo, he finds Agnes so intriguing, mainly because she keeps resisting him. Ah.
3. Magrat - now a new mother, and a clearer-headed and more confident witch. Priceless moment when she shocked Nanny Ogg the unshockable with her "Limp what?" remark when Nanny said that Igor had a limp. ROFL. Was laughing insanely over that.
4. Igor - in some weird way, he's cute! Yeth marthter! And his dog Thcrapth - I mean, Scraps - eh, so cute pun.
5. Granny Weatherwax - as usual, one of my favourite characters. Kicks ass. And the best part is, she doesn't need to do the kicking, because she can make you feel that you should do the kicking yourself.
"You wouldn't let [Granny Weatherwax] go off to confront monsters on a night like this, would you?" [said Mightily Oats]
They watched him owlishly for a while just in case something interestingly nasty was going to happen to him.
Then someone near the back said, "So why should we care what happens to monsters?"
Hee.
6. Mightily Oats - hah. Another dual personality. Rather wet at first, but I loved how he handled Granny Weatherwax.
7. Nac Mac Feegles! Rather different from Rob Anybody's clan though, because this clan writes "verra com-plic-ated documents".
8. Nanny Ogg - spontaneous mob of 70 Oggs, yes? ;)
Found out a few things from Tolkien's world before I left...
Celeborn was originally a Sindarin prince (the Elves in Middle-Earth are divided into several groups, like the Sindar, Quenya, Noldor and etc.), and he was in The Silmarillion, because I remember reading that he met Galadriel in Doriath in the First Age of Middle-Earth...
Tolkien's other book, Unfinished Tales, however included notes that changed Celeborn's history. He suddenly became a Telerin prince, and his Telerin name was...Teleporno. Hah. Was laughing like an idiot over it...but then again, maybe it's just my sick sense of humour.
And Celeborn's grandfather's name was...Elmo. Heh. What a weird family XD
Peter Jackson will be producing The Hobbit movie! Yay! Though...what's with the sequel? What do you mean - there's a sequel?!
Not complaining though <3

2 Comments:
Isn't it BookXcess?
Eh, so it is XD didn't have a good look at the shop's name before I left.
Thanks for telling!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home