This is heresy!
Right. Watched The Golden Compass.
*spoiler warning, so don't read this if you haven't watched it*
THINGS I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE MOVIE
1. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BLOODY ENDING?
I was cursing like hell when the movie ended. Angry. Pissed. Angry. "What the f- happened????" (Jessie says: "It was almost worth it to hear you and Chin Lei use that word.") The looks of horror on Chin Lei's and Shireen's faces. The horror. The horror horror horror.
Give me back my RM11, damn you!
2. Stupid soundtrack
Alexandre Desplat messed up this one. Clunky and over-dramatic. I hated it.
Oooooo suspenseful scene - let's bring out the drums! Badabadabdada bum bum bum - yeah yeah, what the heck.
Excuse me, the most suspenseful scenes in LOTR didn't have any music at all - no sound, no music, nada. And those were awesome scenes.
Drums and loud music my ass.
3. All the bits they left out
They weren't the boring bits, mind. They were the most vital in the entire trilogy, in fact.
Oooo Dust, en't it? And what the heck am I supposed to do with the Dust? Sweep it up and throw it away, miss?
Chuck it out, yer mutilators!
4. Mrs. Coulter
The woman's a bitch, so what's with the sympathetic, touchy-feely portrayal in the movie? Nicole Kidman was good, but the way the script mutilated her character - eeeewwww yuck.
5. Lord Asriel
Snow leopard. Good. Aura. Good. Expressions. Yep, good. Happy talking to Lyra, not good. He's too happy in here. He's supposed to be emo, cold, unfeeling, cruel, brutal.
6. Jumpy pacing
What plot?
7. Fra Pavel
My arse. He wasn't supposed to be this important until the second book.
8. Billy Costa
It wasn't Billy Costa with Ratter - it was another boy, Tony Makarios. And he died in the book clutching a dried herring after losing his daemon. You destroyed the whole thing, stupid movie.
9. They switched the sequence of events - Lyra was supposed to go to Bolvangar first, before heading to Svalbard. Anyway, they messed up everything, and I didn't even realise it.
10. Serafina Pekkala's fake accent
It annoyed me. Very much. I was expecting more of Eva Green. And then she comes up with this accent.
11. All the gory bloody bits were cut out. Sanitized like Narnia. Kids.
12. The stupid kid behind me who kept kicking my seat. And his parents didn't bother to stop him, though I glared a few times. Plus he couldn't shut the eff up during the whole movie, AND his parents answered all his little cutesy questions nicely without bothering to shut him up. Excuse me - this isn't your home. You want to bring the kid out, then teach him some manners. (And I hate kids who pretend to be so cutesy. Show-offs.)
And I was thinking at odd intervals during the movie whether I was going to lose my temper then and there. Popcorn's a good thing to let out your frustration.
Somebody please make an advert for parents to educate their kids on cinema manners. Preferably Digi.
"PLEASE TELL YOUR KID TO SHUT UP WHILE THE MOVIE IS IN PROGRESS BECAUSE THIRTY OTHER PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TOO WITHOUT SECOND-TO-SECOND NARRATION FROM A COMPLETE NOOB (i.e. parents). REMEMBER TO PREVENT YOUR KID FROM KICKING THE CHAIR IN FRONT OF HIM BECAUSE STRANGELY, SOME PEOPLE DO NOT THINK IT IS A VERY CUTE THING TO DO. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE MESSAGE FROM DIGI. *cue kid being tied to the chair with a lolly stuck in his big mouth*"
13. Chris Weitz wrote the screenplay and directed the movie. Oh daaaaaaamn you.
We hates you! We hatesssssss you!
THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE MOVIE
1. Lee Scoresby
Yay!
2. Iorek Byrnison
Yay!
3. Roger
Yay!
4. Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra
Yay!
Much better than a certain dude who did the bespectacled wizard.
5. Pantalaimon
Yay!
6. The popcorn
Yay! Much improved quality, seriously.
And how did I like it?
The ending ruined everything.
It's the suckiest movie I've watched this year, atcherly.
Don't read the book before you go watch. Read it after, and appreciate its awesomeness in comparison with the mess the director gave you.
Yes, you should boycott it. Not because of the Christian controversy. Just go read the book.
And I will pray that Chris Weitz goes nowhere near any book adaptations in the future.
If he even touches Pratchett's Wee Free Men, or Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - I'll - I'll -
I'm that pissed.
Screw this movie. Let's go watch Enchanted!
*spoiler warning, so don't read this if you haven't watched it*
THINGS I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE MOVIE
1. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BLOODY ENDING?
I was cursing like hell when the movie ended. Angry. Pissed. Angry. "What the f- happened????" (Jessie says: "It was almost worth it to hear you and Chin Lei use that word.") The looks of horror on Chin Lei's and Shireen's faces. The horror. The horror horror horror.
Give me back my RM11, damn you!
2. Stupid soundtrack
Alexandre Desplat messed up this one. Clunky and over-dramatic. I hated it.
Oooooo suspenseful scene - let's bring out the drums! Badabadabdada bum bum bum - yeah yeah, what the heck.
Excuse me, the most suspenseful scenes in LOTR didn't have any music at all - no sound, no music, nada. And those were awesome scenes.
Drums and loud music my ass.
3. All the bits they left out
They weren't the boring bits, mind. They were the most vital in the entire trilogy, in fact.
Oooo Dust, en't it? And what the heck am I supposed to do with the Dust? Sweep it up and throw it away, miss?
Chuck it out, yer mutilators!
4. Mrs. Coulter
The woman's a bitch, so what's with the sympathetic, touchy-feely portrayal in the movie? Nicole Kidman was good, but the way the script mutilated her character - eeeewwww yuck.
5. Lord Asriel
Snow leopard. Good. Aura. Good. Expressions. Yep, good. Happy talking to Lyra, not good. He's too happy in here. He's supposed to be emo, cold, unfeeling, cruel, brutal.
6. Jumpy pacing
What plot?
7. Fra Pavel
My arse. He wasn't supposed to be this important until the second book.
8. Billy Costa
It wasn't Billy Costa with Ratter - it was another boy, Tony Makarios. And he died in the book clutching a dried herring after losing his daemon. You destroyed the whole thing, stupid movie.
9. They switched the sequence of events - Lyra was supposed to go to Bolvangar first, before heading to Svalbard. Anyway, they messed up everything, and I didn't even realise it.
10. Serafina Pekkala's fake accent
It annoyed me. Very much. I was expecting more of Eva Green. And then she comes up with this accent.
11. All the gory bloody bits were cut out. Sanitized like Narnia. Kids.
12. The stupid kid behind me who kept kicking my seat. And his parents didn't bother to stop him, though I glared a few times. Plus he couldn't shut the eff up during the whole movie, AND his parents answered all his little cutesy questions nicely without bothering to shut him up. Excuse me - this isn't your home. You want to bring the kid out, then teach him some manners. (And I hate kids who pretend to be so cutesy. Show-offs.)
And I was thinking at odd intervals during the movie whether I was going to lose my temper then and there. Popcorn's a good thing to let out your frustration.
Somebody please make an advert for parents to educate their kids on cinema manners. Preferably Digi.
"PLEASE TELL YOUR KID TO SHUT UP WHILE THE MOVIE IS IN PROGRESS BECAUSE THIRTY OTHER PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TOO WITHOUT SECOND-TO-SECOND NARRATION FROM A COMPLETE NOOB (i.e. parents). REMEMBER TO PREVENT YOUR KID FROM KICKING THE CHAIR IN FRONT OF HIM BECAUSE STRANGELY, SOME PEOPLE DO NOT THINK IT IS A VERY CUTE THING TO DO. THIS IS A COMMUNITY SERVICE MESSAGE FROM DIGI. *cue kid being tied to the chair with a lolly stuck in his big mouth*"
13. Chris Weitz wrote the screenplay and directed the movie. Oh daaaaaaamn you.
We hates you! We hatesssssss you!
THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE MOVIE
1. Lee Scoresby
Yay!
2. Iorek Byrnison
Yay!
3. Roger
Yay!
4. Dakota Blue Richards as Lyra
Yay!
Much better than a certain dude who did the bespectacled wizard.
5. Pantalaimon
Yay!
6. The popcorn
Yay! Much improved quality, seriously.
And how did I like it?
The ending ruined everything.
It's the suckiest movie I've watched this year, atcherly.
Don't read the book before you go watch. Read it after, and appreciate its awesomeness in comparison with the mess the director gave you.
Yes, you should boycott it. Not because of the Christian controversy. Just go read the book.
And I will pray that Chris Weitz goes nowhere near any book adaptations in the future.
If he even touches Pratchett's Wee Free Men, or Clarke's Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - I'll - I'll -
I'm that pissed.
Screw this movie. Let's go watch Enchanted!

11 Comments:
chris weitz can go hang himself. Why are bits of the *real* climax in the trailer but not in the freaking movie???
I cant believe they only got the bear-fight scene correct.
I'm so gutted
Me too ME TOO!
Trailer was awesome.
In fact, watching the trailer would be more exciting than the movie :)
Somebody get the guy off the trilogy.
Hopefully it'll be like the Chris Columbus and HP thingy all over again, eh? Get Cuaron on board and suddenly HP becomes better.
Meh. You're ruining my holiday, you stupid movie.
Come on girls! It's just a movie!
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MAGISTERIUMDAMNED ENDING???!!!????
Stan - you haven't read the books.
Please do! Pleeeeeeease :)
Eyeris!
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
It's not just a movie. It's an adaptation of a book which is teh excellent.
We have the right to fume.
To rant and rave and gut the guy to death.
It's a hate fest, all right.
Well OOTP wasn't that great either but none of you were fuming like you did. Odd, isn't it? Unless you think Harry Potter isn't 'teh excellent'.
On the bright side, you can always hope that in another ten years or so and they'll do a remake or something.
I thought OOTP was the best - after POA - for the HP movies ^^
Sure it wasn't as awesomely wonderful as it could be, but then again, the book sucked.
The Golden Compass, on the other hand, was a really, really good story. And at least OOTP didn't cut out the most climactic scene in the entire story, the main point of the story. You'd feel cheated too if Harry's face-off with Moldy Voldy in the Department of Mysteries was cut out of the film, wouldn't you? =/
Sure The Golden Compass had its moments, and it was entertaining in a way, but because of the ending and its treatment of some plotlines...sure, I expected before that a few characters and events would have been taken out because they slowed down the story, but I did NOT expect that they would change things so drastically. (And the way they were changed makes me wonder how the later movies would be handled. Then again, there might not be sequels.)
Aiya go read the book lar. And the sequels.
Ten years is a long time.
I might be dead by then <3
it's HORRIBLEEEEEEE.. doesn't do the book any justice. i hate the movie. hate hate hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.
LAAAAAAAAA.
i feel like ripping the book apart.
tak satisfied langsung!
Grace!
My feelings exactly! XD
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home