Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday someday

I had to blog about this, because it was so funny and sad and interesting that people can do this kind of thing.

I mean, how nice is it to wake up every morning thinking you're the best of the bestest shit in the world? That kind of confidence! I envy these people. Also I think I'd like to see them get hit, metaphorically and literally.

So me and the husband (we got registered on the 24th of March, you gaiz!) went into the 1U HP shop to survey laptops. Cos le husband is getting tired of lugging my nearly 3 kg laptop around, that's why. Transcribed conversation (of course not verbatim, my memory isn't that good) between le husband and the nerdy customer service guy below:

Husband (H): I'm looking for an ultrabook or light laptop. Can you recommend?

Nerdy guy (N): What kind of chip set are you looking for?

H: You mean processor?

N: No, chip set.

H: You mean CPU chip?

N: I can see you're not very friendly with computers.

H: What do you mean 'friendly'? I mean I use computers, yeah, but friendly?

N: I asked you what chip set you want -

H: You mean the processor right? The CPU chip?

N: Yes but it's usually called the chip set.

H: ...whatever (getting slightly pissed). So what kind of chip set do you have? I assume you guys mostly use Intel.

N: Yes -

H: Do you have Core M?

N: Er...I don't think there's such a thing. (Lies - HP has products using Core M.)

H: OK...never mind. What about the others? i3, i5...

N: What are you planning to use the laptop for? Home, office, gaming?

H: Office.

N: *shows laptop*

H: Can you recommend a lighter one?

N: This one. *shows a Pavilion laptop*

Me: (I had to, I wanted to walk out of the shop already) I had a Pavilion (I'm using it to type it right now, bless it, it's about 4 years with me already) and I find it's heavier than I would like. Can you recommend anything else?

(Also sonofabitch recommended a laptop that's around 2 kg...after we asked for ultrabooks and light laptops. And he could have recommended the Elitebook, which uses Core M and weighs around 1.2 kg. Thanks.)

N: Oh that's not heavy. If you want a lighter one, I can recommend this. *shows another laptop* Do you mind using Intel Celeron?

H: What? Celeron? Oh no...no don't think it will work.

And so me and le husband walked out of the shop. A bit stunned that someone: a) first felt he had to tell us we didn't know anything about computers, and b) didn't know the products he was selling and didn't care what the customer was asking for.

Anyway, it's late and there's no more time to write. Later I guess. Wanted to write about The Ghost Bride - it's written by a Malaysian!! - but yep, later. And also the Mad Max movie, which left me quite stunned, and I haven't felt like that about a movie for quite some time. But yeah, later.

Ah work, where dreams go to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home