What is dead may never die -
Listen: Glosoli - Sigur Ros
I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Even sleeping for 8-9 hours on weekends doesn't help, because I can't sleep properly again whenever the work week comes around. Could be the weather, could be me worrying too much.
Also, lately - my life has been divided into mostly two things: Things I Want to Do, and Things I Don't Want to Do. Which is basically my life philosophy since I was a little kid, being stubborn like I am, except that recently things I don't want to do have become part of my daily life, because I'm an adult. Wow so deep, much wisdom. But it tires me out, and when weekend finally comes, I find that I really don't feel like doing anything.
I mean, really, I haven't felt this hopeless since - I don't remember. Now whenever someone asks me what I plan to do, I have to give an answer, because normal functional humans have plans. I don't really have any, I just say I do. But I don't really care that I don't have any. I just want to stay in bed and not do anything. Except maybe read and not get disturbed. And have my own time to write. And not have people telling me I should have "plans" and have "goals" and "ambitions". I don't want any of them, although I know I should instead of wasting time.
But to have time to do whatever I want without any plans, or obligation to have a plan - I want it so badly the other night I dreamt I was in some old house with a river behind, with old-fashioned furniture. And someone was there, and he told me, 'We're staying here now, we don't have to do anything or go anywhere'. And I was happy, the kind of contented happy that I haven't felt in quite a while. The kind of happiness you get when you're at peace with yourself, and you're not worried about something, and you're perfectly sure someone isn't going to ask you to do something, or ask you your plans for something - because you will be left alone to do whatever you want. That is happiness I haven't had since uni. And I miss it, really badly.
This leads me to think of Plath's The Bell Jar (again, because I love that book so muchly) and the fig tree -
I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Even sleeping for 8-9 hours on weekends doesn't help, because I can't sleep properly again whenever the work week comes around. Could be the weather, could be me worrying too much.
Also, lately - my life has been divided into mostly two things: Things I Want to Do, and Things I Don't Want to Do. Which is basically my life philosophy since I was a little kid, being stubborn like I am, except that recently things I don't want to do have become part of my daily life, because I'm an adult. Wow so deep, much wisdom. But it tires me out, and when weekend finally comes, I find that I really don't feel like doing anything.
I mean, really, I haven't felt this hopeless since - I don't remember. Now whenever someone asks me what I plan to do, I have to give an answer, because normal functional humans have plans. I don't really have any, I just say I do. But I don't really care that I don't have any. I just want to stay in bed and not do anything. Except maybe read and not get disturbed. And have my own time to write. And not have people telling me I should have "plans" and have "goals" and "ambitions". I don't want any of them, although I know I should instead of wasting time.
But to have time to do whatever I want without any plans, or obligation to have a plan - I want it so badly the other night I dreamt I was in some old house with a river behind, with old-fashioned furniture. And someone was there, and he told me, 'We're staying here now, we don't have to do anything or go anywhere'. And I was happy, the kind of contented happy that I haven't felt in quite a while. The kind of happiness you get when you're at peace with yourself, and you're not worried about something, and you're perfectly sure someone isn't going to ask you to do something, or ask you your plans for something - because you will be left alone to do whatever you want. That is happiness I haven't had since uni. And I miss it, really badly.
This leads me to think of Plath's The Bell Jar (again, because I love that book so muchly) and the fig tree -

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home